Saturday, January 12, 2013

LASIK Suits Lehigh County Lawyer

LASIK Suits Lehigh Valley Lawyer

Dr. Cherfas & Attorney Earl Supplee
Attorney Earl Supplee is seeing things more clearly in and out of the courtroom after his recent CustomVue LASIK procedure with Dr. Irena Cherfas of Lehigh Valley Center for Sight.   Earl's position as a Chief Deputy Public Defender in Lehigh County requires a wide range of visual needs.  He divides his time reading detailed legal documents, working on the computer and representing his clients in the courtroom.was out of the office for just one day following his surgery.   “I have a busy schedule, and I was back in court the second day after my surgery.”  For the majority of patients, LASIK surgery can be done with minimal time off from work.  The procedure itself takes just a few minutes, with total time at the laser center about one hour.

Earl was the third member of his family to have laser vision correction at Lehigh Valley Center for Sight.  His mother-in-law had PRK in 1999, and his wife had LASIK surgery in 2004, so he knew what to expect. “I had complete confidence in Dr. Cherfas and the LASIK procedure. I met with Dr. Cherfas for both my initial consultation and my evaluation exam where the final measurements for surgery were taken. She explained the process in detail. 

LASIK suits this 48-year old professional both at work and at play.  He enjoys skiing, hunting and golfing, three activities that require good vision.  “I'm looking forward to getting outdoors without having to wear glasses to see clearly.  Wearing glasses for hunting and skiing had definite drawbacks, but the worst was trying to go to a pool or the beach with the family.  I tried contact lenses but they were never quite comfortable for me.”



“I was very impressed with the entire staff at Lehigh Valley Center for Sight.  They asked the questions and took the time necessary to discuss my lifestyle and vision goals.  We discussed my vision needs for work as well as for my outdoor activities.”



His LASIK procedure corrected both his near-sightedness and high astigmatism.  Astigmatism, an irregular curvature of the cornea, is a very common visual problem that occurs in one in three people.  “With CustomVue LASIK, patients with varying degrees of astigmatism can be effectively treated.  A few simple tests in our office will allow us to determine if LASIK is an option for you.” notes Dr. Cherfas.  



To see if LASIK vision correction can help you see more clearly, contact our office for a free LASIK Consultation at 610-437-4988.


No comments:

Post a Comment